- Do you only help families whose child has cancer?
Not at all! We have helped families whose children have many other serious defects or illnesses. Our only qualification for families is that their child have a life-threatening or serious illness or complication.
- Do you help international families?
Yes! We have helped many international families and are excited by opportunities to help families that are citizens outside the US seek treatment for their child.
- Do you grant wishes?
Very rarely. We have, on occasion, helped with small wishes that can be completed in the local area surrounding Memphis for a child or family that can’t travel. We recommend Catch a Dream for hunting and fishing wishes or Make-a-Wish.
- Do you provide lodging in cities other than Memphis?
Yes. In the past we have housed families in the Nashville, TN and the Durham, NC areas. If you are interested in housing in other areas, please use our contact form to let us know.
- Do you hire staff people?
All full time staff members of Habitat for Hope raise their own financial support, and are employed by separate organizations. That said, we often evaluate those that would like to come on as full time help. Please contact us with questions.
- Is Habitat for Hope connected with a particular church, denomination or religion?
Habitat for Hope is an independent Christian non-profit organization that is non-denominational in nature. It is funded by churches, corporations, and individual donations.
- Is everyone eligible for your services?
Yes. Any family with a child whose life is threatened by an illness or condition may apply for HFH services or help.
- Are you a registered non-profit organization?
Yes. Habitat for Hope is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service. Status was granted in October 2005.
- Do you accept online donations?
Yes. please visit our online donation form here.
- Do you accept in-kind donations?
Yes. please visit our wish list here.
- Do you have a college scholarship fund?
No, although we can recommend some helpful sources, if you are a recovered childhood cancer patient looking for funding. Please email contact us for more information.
- Do you offer transportation assistance?
Yes. We have a 7-seat loaner vehicle available, as well as other resources.
- Do you fund research?
No, but we highly recommend CureSearch, the fundraising arm of the Children’s Oncology Group.